Who doesn’t like healthy and beautiful skin? We all do. We take so many measures to keep our skin looking and feeling great but most often, unknowingly, we commit mistakes that may do more harm than good to your skin. You will be surprised how so many things that are a part of our daily skin care routine are actually damaging your skin.
Here’s how you can avoid those common pitfalls:
- Don’t wear too much product on your skin. Overdoing cleansers, toners, serums, and creams can irritate your skin and give them more chemicals than it can take. The key is to use just one or two products that are just right for your skin.
- Don’t wait after a shower to moisturize your skin. Ideally you should apply your moisturizer right after you step out of the shower. Else, your skin begins to dehydrate.
- Don’t use products that aren’t made for your skin. Skin products are formulated differently for different types of skin. Using products meant for oily skin, if you have dry skin or vice versa will not do you any favour and harm your skin instead.
- Don’t pop or pick on your pimple in an attempt to make it go. Popping pimples spreads inflammation causing scars. Use a topical zit cream instead and keep your hands off your face.
- Don’t over exfoliate your skin. Exfoliation does give you a glowy skin, but overdoing it will damage your skin in the long run. Exfoliating scrub are abrasive and hence, should be used only once a week.
There you go. Just be a little extra careful about you skin care routine and you will be surprised with the difference it makes. Here’s to healthier skin!