Want your kid to enjoy his veggie soup? Add alphabet pasta and he will love it. This recipe will help you make something delicious enough for kids and adults!
You will need:
- Dried alphabet pasta: 2 ounces
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp.
- Carrot: 1 (diced)
- Diced yellow onion: ¼ cup
- Celery: 1 rib (diced)
- Garlic clove: 1 (minced)
- Ground black pepper: ¼ tsp.
- Salt: ¼ tsp.
- Frozen peas: 1/3 cup
- Frozen corn: 1/3 cup
- Parmesan cheese for garnish: grated
- Diced tomato in juice: 6 ounces
- Vegetable broth: 4 cups
- Take a stockpot and heat the olive oil in it. Add the onion, celery, and carrot once it is hot and cook these veggies for 4 minutes.
- Once the veggies soften, add garlic, salt, and black pepper. Stir.
- Let these cook for half an hour.
- Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth. Now increase the heat and wait for it to boil.
- Bring the heat down once it starts boiling and add pasta, corn, and peas. Cook until the pasta is tender.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve!
Image Credits: martinturzak/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos