Looking for a yummy but healthy side dish? How about experimenting with asparagus? We have an amazing recipe for asparagus fries that you bake instead of fry. Thus, they are healthy and delicious – your family won’t even notice the difference!
You will need:
- Large asparagus spears: 16
- Eggs: 2
- Flour: ½ cup
- Pepper: ¼ tsp.
- Salt: ½ tsp.
- Breadcrumbs: ¾ cup
- Spray oil
- Ready the oven by preheating it to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, trim the asparagus ends.
- Take a shallow bowl to mix the flour, pepper, and the salt together.
- Take another shallow bowl to whisk the eggs.
- Take a third bowl for the breadcrumbs.
- Now take each spear, dip it in the flour, then the eggs, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Remember that every spear should be coated well.
- Now transfer all coated spears onto a baking sheet and spray with the oil lightly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
Image Credits: jrwasserman/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos