Devilled eggs, have been around since the early 18th century. They have stuck around, owing to its simple deliciousness perhaps. These beauties can be had as a side course, appetizer, main course or even party bites. Thankfully making them isn’t complicated at all.
Here’s how you can make some for yourself:
- First things first. Start by hard boiling 6 eggs. You want to make sure you don’t over boil the eggs because that can make the white portion rubbery ruining the taste of a perfect devilled egg.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs into half, longitudinally.
- Scoop out the yolks and collect them in a bowl while arranging the whites on a serving dish.
- Mash the yolks with hand or with a fork, till they are sandy in texture.
- Add 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of mustard sauce, salt and pepper, to the yolks and get mixing.
- Mix till it becomes a smooth thick paste.
- Next, fill a piping bag with this paste, and slowly fill the cavity of the egg whites.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives, parsley or paprika.
That’s that. Yummy quick bites are ready to be popped in your mouth and give you nothing short of pure pleasure.
Image Credits: bhofack2/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos