Deep fried starters and hot cheese dip is a combination made in heaven. A bowl of creamy molten cheese delicately flavoured with fragrant herbs, sitting pretty over a plate of crispy starters is what dreams are made of. If you know how easily and quickly you can whip up this deliciousness, you will be surprised it tastes so mind-blowing.
Here’s how you can make your own piece of heaven:
Here’s what you need:
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of whole milk
- Finely chopped herbs ( include your favourites)
- Heat butter in a saucepan.
- Once the butter has completely melted, stir in the floor, and cook for a minute.
- Take the pan off heat and slowly stir in the milk. Stir it will there are absolutely no lumps.
- Simmer on a low heat for about 5 minutes and season it with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese and allow it to melt.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley (or whatever suites your taste)
Done! The creamiest, warm cheese dip is ready to be indulged in. Have it with fries, nachos, fritters, or just about anything you like and you will find it hard to resist making it every time you hear ‘starter’.
Image Credits: PaulCowan/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos