Winter is a very harsh time because it always feels like you are going to freeze. You feel confined in your house and you don’t know what to do. Here are things that you could do as a family to make your winters enjoyable:
1. Camping: Go camping! Your kids will love getting out of their comforters finally. Enjoy the feel of camping in your house itself. You don’t need to get out of the house at all. Simply convert your living room into a camping spot by hoisting a tent and getting the sleeping bags and bring your whole family together.
2. Exercise: Stay fit as a family by exercising together. You could get a CD that will guide you with the workouts. Yoga videos are the best because your kids will also be able to do them with the step by step instructions.
3. Music: If your child is interested in learning how to play an instrument or if you want him to do so, hire a home tutor during the winters. He will love the experience and might even grow up to be a professional.
4. Reading: There are a great number of books to be read. Make a list of the books you’d want your kids to read but make sure they have a god incentive to do so. This is because school work will weigh them down and they won’t really be interested in reading.
5. Stage: Turn your living room into a stage for your kids and encourage them to enact. They could come up with great new plays and have fun as a family.