If you are looking for fun and easy projects, look no further than paper mache! You can make numerous projects such as animals, globes, jewelry, and masks, and so on with paper mache. Here are tips to start!
Requirements: Glue or flour, water, paint, balloons, construction paper, markers, newspaper.
1. The first step would be to create the form. You can use balloons, newspaper, plastic bottles, egg cartons, paper towel rolls, or anything else. Hold the form in place using masking tape.
2. Tear out strips of newspaper. Don’t cut them cleanly. Tearing out is a better idea. The pieces should be at least two inches wide and three inches long. The size can vary with the project.
3. Now it is time to make the paste. You can either mix flour with water in the ratio 1:2 or you can mix water and white glue in the ration 1:2 or 1:3. If children are involved, the first type is ideal.
4. You can start pasting now. Make sure you are clean. Dip the strip and then run it between your fingers to remove the excess paste and then paste it on the form evenly. Continue to do so to cover the entire form and
leave it to dry for 24 hours. Cover another layer the next day so that the finish is solid.
5. After your project is dry you can go ahead and paint it creatively based on your likes and preferences. You can get as creative as you like with paper mache!