A plump belly has caused stress and despair to many a woman. The pesky pooch makes it impossible to sport fashionable figure hugging garments without inviting a few ugly stares. In a bid to get rid of belly fat, women get on their treadmills and run like their life depends on it. Result? Little or none.
Want to know how you can get rid of the paunch quickly and effectively. Here’s how:
- Have a hearty breakfast. Yes it sounds counterproductive to actually eat to lose weight, but eating a nutrition packed meal within an hour of waking up boosts your metabolism, keeps your insulin steady, and your cholesterol lower. So, do not skip your first meal of the day, come what may.
- Relax! When you are stressed, your body produces the stress hormone, cortisol. This hormone secretion is directly linked to belly fat storage. So practice whatever methods that suit you to alleviate stress from your day to day life.
- Swap refined grains with whole grains in your diet. A diet that is rich in whole grains improves the glucose insulin response in your body and hastens ‘fat melting’. Whole grains are the biggest enemies to visceral fat.
- Instead of exercising continuously for a long period of time, try breaking your workout routine into small parts. Short bursts of intensive exercise followed by brief resting periods, can boost your metabolism more sharply.
- Practice the plank position for as long as you can on a regular basis. It helps strengthen your core and pull in your belly effectively.
- Grab a diary and jot down everything you consume on a weekly basis. This will help you assess your eating habits. Next, cut out everything that you can afford to cut. Throw out all the Trans fats and include mono-saturated fats instead.
- Include good fibre in your diet. Adequate fibre in the body, lowers insulin levels which then speeds up the burning of visceral belly fat.
There you go! Go about burning your belly fat wisely and not through a crash diet. Here’s to a fitter you.