Proper metabolism is an absolute must. But with age, metabolism takes a beating. Hence you should take a few measures to keep it ticking. Here they are:
1. Exercise: Exercise and carry out some physical activity in order to increase your metabolism. Fix a schedule and sweat it out every day!
2. Snack: Before you start exercising, take a snack consisting of around 15-20 gms of carbs. This is very important because if you exercise in the morning on an empty stomach, the liver glycogen will be utilized.
3. Meals: Instead of eating a lot at once, you should consume mini meals throughout the day. This will keep your digestive system working all day at a better rate.
4. Caffeine: Caffeine acts as a stimulant. Ask your doctor and only then consume a beverage with caffeine in the morning.
5. Supplement: A multivitamin supplement will help you get vitamins and minerals so that processing of your food occurs properly.