Life is extremely stressful today. There are so many things that you need to do that having a sharp memory is very important. Stress can cause fatigue, which can in turn cause memory issues. Thus, in order to be mentally fit you have to concentrate on your diet. Only when you eat properly and include the right foods in your diet will you be mentally fit.
Here are some diet tips to help you out:
- Don’t skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It restocks your glucose stores so that you are ready to face the day with energy. It doesn’t have to be a huge meal, really, as long as it is highly nutritious. For example, you need to eat a fruit, a whole grain, egg or milk, and you are done!
- Space out: Your meals should not be too cluttered and they shouldn’t be wide apart either. Space them out evenly. Eat once in three hours or four hours. Make sure you always include whole grains in your diet.
- No heavy meals: Your meals should not contain a lot of fat. In other words, they should not contain over 1000 calories. If they do, you will start feeling sleepy in the middle of the day.
- Consume antioxidants: In order to kick out all the toxins from your body you need antioxidants. Thus, you should eat legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and other such foods. Non-processed foods have the most antioxidants.
- Eat healthy fats: Unsaturated fats are the healthy fats. Saturated fats on the other hand can destroy your brain function. Choose the right fats.
- Let go off unhealthy habits: Stop smoking and limit your alcohol intake. At the same time limit the consumption of caffeine and your memory will improve automatically.
Photo Credits: Karimian