In order to stay fit you have to think about your overall health and fitness.
The only way to achieve that is through a proper diet and good exercise. There are many functional exercises that will help many joints and muscles in your body together. They will also increase your endurance and strength.
One such exercise is explained as follows:
- You need a pair of five to eight pound dumbbells for this exercise. You also need to be close to the stairs for this.
- Start from the bottom of the stairs. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and start climbing up with stairs whilst doing bicep curls.
- You don’t need to do the curls as you walk down the stairs. You can run down the flight of stairs if you want or simply walk down with the weights in your hand. Don’t do the curls.
- Do this around ten times. You can start with five times and increase the number gradually.
- You can also increase the dumbbell weight with time.
The stairs will help your legs stay toned and fit. The curls will tone your arms and keep them fit. You will also be able to carry heavy things up the stairs with ease hereafter. Overall, this exercise has a positive effect on your cardiovascular fitness.
Photo Credits: Judy