Play dough is probably the best thing you can give your toddler to indulge in hours of quiet play. It not only develops his creativity but fine motor skills too.
Here’s how you can make your very own scented play dough which is irresistibly soft, and perfectly squishy:
You will need:
- 1 cup all-purpose floor
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsps. vegetable oil
- ½ cup of table salt
- 1 tsp. of cream of tartar
- ½ cup of powdered drink mix
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat it over medium flame. Stir together for about 3-4 minutes while the dough comes together.
- As soon as the dough pulls together into one big lump, turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Dust your kitchen platform with flour and plop the dough lump onto it. Knead while adding additional flour as needed. Done!
- Store the dough in a plastic Ziploc bag and the squishy wonder will stay playable for months.
There you go! Hand it over to your tot and the sheer delight that you see on his face will amaze you. You will never go back to the store-bought stuff, ever again.