You may think you are just friends hanging out but it may really be a date. Yes, it happens more often than you think and it is probably happening to you in the present and you don’t even realize it. Sometimes, a seemingly casual hangout request from a coworker is actually a secret way of asking you out.
Oh, don’t flip out! We have ways to help you with this. Keep an eye for the following signs and you’ll know whether it is a date:
- He doesn’t just ask you to “hangout.” He specifies a time, place, and activity.
- He flatly refuses to split the check. He wants to pay. That’s it.
- He dresses up nicely for you. He trims his nails, he wears good cologne, and his hair is neat.
- He flirts and is playful. His body language is positive with a glint of naughtiness. He looks at you and holds your stare for a couple of seconds.
- He is slightly nervous. If he thinks of you as a friend, he won’t be nervous. If he likes you, he will be nervous because he will want you to like him back.
Image Credits: mrovka/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos