If you want to raise your kid to be strong and well behaved, you have to be strong!
You cannot always keep pampering your kids and letting them have their way. Good parenting requires you to get tough when the situation calls for it. They say that if your kids don’t get mad at you, you are not parenting well!
Let’s take a look at what strong parents have to say. May be we can learn from them:
- They know that kids are emotional exploiters. If they find a weakness in you, they will use it against you. They will easily be able to manipulate you if you don’t stand your ground.
- You should be the parents your kids need and not the parents your kids want. To accomplish that you have to be able to stay strong even when they are angry.
- It is okay if your child is angry. It is NOT okay if that anger makes her disrespectful.
- Ensure that your child behaves and watches her mouth even when she is very angry with you.
- You don’t need to explain to them. When you say no, it is a NO. That is it. If you explain, they will argue.
- It is okay if your child gets angry. It is a part and parcel of your parenting job. Today’s anger will be tomorrow’s brightness. Wait for it.
Image Credits: moodboard/ moodboard/ Thinkstock Photos